Which is not a condition to become a citizen of India?
A person born outside India on or after 3rd Decmber, 2004 shall not be a citizen of India, unless the parents declare that the minor does not hold passport of another country and his birth is registered at an Indian consulate within one year of the date of birth or with the permission of the Central Government, after …
What are the conditions for becoming a citizen of India?
A person of Indian origin who has been resident in India for more than 7 years. A person of Indian origin who is ordinarily resident outside India. A person married to an Indian citizen and is ordinarily resident for a period of 7 years. Minor children of citizens of India.
Who of the following can become citizen of India?
A person whose parents were born in India.
What are the conditions of acquiring citizenship?
There are four ways in which Indian citizenship can be acquired: birth, descent, registration and naturalisation. The provisions are listed under the Citizenship Act, 1955. By Birth: Every person born in India on or after 26.01.
Who is first citizen of India?
Any individual domiciled in India automatically became an Indian citizen in 1949 if they were: born in India, born to at least one parent who themself was born in India, or living in India for at least five years prior to the Constitution’s commencement.
What are the types of citizen?
Usually citizenship based on circumstances of birth is automatic, but an application may be required.
- Citizenship by family (jus sanguinis). …
- Citizenship by birth (jus soli). …
- Citizenship by marriage (jus matrimonii). …
- Naturalization. …
- Citizenship by investment or Economic Citizenship. …
- Excluded categories.
What are the 5 ways of acquiring citizenship?
The principal modes of acquisition are:
- marriage to a citizen.
- adoption by a citizen.
- becoming a surrogate child of a citizen.
- legitimation (where a person’s parents were not married to each other at the time of the person’s birth)
- on entering into public or official service in a country.
What are two types of citizen?
There are two primary sources of citizenship: birthright citizenship, in which a person is presumed to be a citizen if he or she was born within the territorial limits of the United States, or—providing certain other requirements are met—born abroad to a United States citizen parent, and naturalization, a process in …
Who is competent to prescribe conditions as for acquiring Indian citizenship?
If citizenship is to be acquired by naturalisation the person concerned must have resided in India for 5 years. C). If born in India, only that person can acquire citizenship at least one of whose parents is an Indian.
Who is the second citizen of India name?
Venkaiah Naidu is the current vice president of India. He defeated UPA’s candidate Gopalkrishna Gandhi on 5 August 2017 election.
How can I become a US citizen?
Become a U.S. Citizen Through Naturalization
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time you file the application;
- Have been a lawful permanent resident for the past three or five years (depending on which naturalization category you are applying under);
- Have continuous residence and physical presence in the United States;