Who was the last viceroy before partition?
Lord Mountbatten: The Last Viceroy.
Who was the last viceroy of India Class 8?
Answer: (b) Warren Hastings. Question 2: Who was the last viceroy of India?
Who was the best Viceroy of India?
Top 15 British Viceroys of India
- Viceroy # 1. Lord Canning as First Viceroy, (1858-62):
- Viceroy # 2. Lord Elgin (1862-63):
- Viceroy # 3. Sir John Lawrence, (1864-69):
- Viceroy # 4. Lord Mayo, (1869-72):
- Viceroy # 5. Lord Northbrook, (1872-76):
- Viceroy # 6. Lord Lytton, (1876-80):
- Viceroy # 7. …
- Viceroy # 8.
How many governor generals were there in India?
List of governors-general
|Name (Birth–Death)||Term of office||Appointer|
|Warren Hastings (1732–1818)||20 October 1773||East India Company (1773–1858)|
|Sir John Macpherson, Bt (acting) (1745–1821)||8 February 1785|
|The Earl Cornwallis (1738–1805)||12 September 1786|
|John Shore (1751–1834)||28 October 1793|
Who was the first governor general of India and who was the last Viceroy of India?
> The first Viceroy of India was Lord Canning (1858-1862) and the last Viceroy of British India was Lord Louis Mountbatten (1947).